Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh Well

I just finished writing three different summaries for telemovies. Some people asked me to do it, so I am.

These days, seems like this is all I've been doing. Concepts. Synopses. Proposals. Not complaining. I'm a big picture kind of guy. I'm not small or petty.

It is also very important. No stage in the production of anything is small or insignificant. It could just be lunch, but if you screw up lunch, you can screw up someone's half-day.

It is not whatever. It is attitude. Some people, put their craft below their individual egos. Oh well. We all walk our different paths. We may come to the same destination. Or not.

Most of these projects, I will hand over to other writers later on. Writers I trust. Writers I respect. I am just nurturing saplings of ideas. Ripe with potential.

Sat down with a very spirited industry person just now, and was inspired somewhat with the fire I see in her eyes.

Ah, to be young again, and enjoy/suffer the passions of youth. To be righteously indignant again. To have a clear idea of what is right, and what is wrong, rather than relying on an innate instinct of the thing.

I am merely the blind swordsman now. I listen. And my instincts have served me more than my senses.

I'm growing older. Not that old. Not yet. But I'll get there. Soon.

For now? Back to work.