Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tomorrow, Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the start of the week for me. I work on Sundays.

I have a runny nose which I hope won't develop into a flu.

I have a meeting at night, after work. Have to get out of the office early.

It's for my next movie, hopefully. Need to nail down some details. It might prove to be quite interesting.

This is my contribution to the country. I hope to do movies that mean something to me, and perhaps everyone else.

MySpy, my first movie, was an homage to 1980s Hong Kong comedy films. Aces Go Places, Lucky Stars and Stephen Chow movies using the 'mou lei tau' brand of humor.

Magika tapped into my love for folklore.

Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa was a challenge and the opportunity of a lifetime.

This next one, in comparison, is not cool at all. It is nation-building. With special effects. How will it turn out?

Well, I don't know yet. I need to:

1. Get over the cold
2. Finish my work early

3. Go for the meeting

4. Work on it for four-six months.


I'll tell you how it goes as we move along.