Sunday, July 5, 2009

Good Night

I like this new place.

I'm alone again. Free again.

This time I'm gonna make it all come 'round. This time Imma stand up and shout! Imma do things my way! It's my way! My way or the highway!

Erh..I'm sorry?

I like it and I enjoy sleeping in the bedroom. Everything is clean. And I found a laundry at Bangsar Village which makes my clothes smell really nice.

Man, that sounded gay.

And there's a laundry here, too, which is cheaper and faster.

I got the thing unfurnished, so will be looking to get a fridge and a stove later. For making healthful dishes. Maybe install an air conditioning unit? A water heater with booster pumps.

If things go well, I aim to stay for more than a few years, until I get my own place.

And that is something I am thinking about. My own place. Cause I already have a retirement home. I'm moving to Kuantan, when I grow old and can't work anymore. I have a house there - my parents', which will be given to me. I can't sell it, so I might as well live there till I die. It's about a half hour from Cherating or Teluk Cempedak.

I'd need to allocate some money to pay people keep the land clean. It's one acre of land, filled with all the fruit trees you can imagine. From durian, mangosteen, rambutan, mango, dokong, duku, langsat, sukun, jackfruit(the leaves of which are used to tenderise meat), cempedak, coconuts and an assortment of flowers.

That's my retirement home, man. All I need is proper savings. If I live in KL, I would need 600K-1.6 million just to retire.

Over in Kuantan? Maybe a million? I don't know, man. I will not allow myself to be financially dependent on anyone. I'm not one of those fuckers who breed so they could use their progeny to support them when they're old. I might be shameless, but not THAT shameless.

When I die, I prefer to be cremated, with my ashes shot into space. I won't give my body to worms. But I believe the JLAIP - Justice League of Agama Islam Pahang will steal my body and bury me like any other Muslim.

I envision myself, in my twilight years, watching the sunset on the beach or some crap like that, as nubile Thai nurses care for me.

But for now, though, I am content living in this small apartment. It's very close to the gate, and they have statues with running water downstairs. It calms me down a bit, as I go out for work and shit like that.

I live on the top floor of a medium rise, so there's wind at night. It's not that hot.

Might get a fridge by next month. A rice cooker. An oven. A wok, a frying pan. A spice rack. Pesto knives - a cheap but good Italian brand. A wooden chopping block.

Cooking has always been easy for me. To me, it's just throwing some stuff together, and turning on the heat. I don't go for the fancy double heat chicken roasting or some shit like that. Too complicated.

Here's how you cook curried fowl (chicken curry) in three steps:

1. Tumis onion, shallots, chilli boh, curry powder in two tablespoons of oil.

2. Pour in one litre of santan/milk/skim milk, three lemongrass bulbs, some salt and chicken breasts and wings.

3. Turn on the heat and keep on stirring till the thing is cooked.

Ayam masak merah?

1. Tumis onion, shallots, garlic, chilli boh and asam jawa in three tablespoons of oil.

2. Add salt, chicken, lemongrass and water.

3. Stir till it is cooked.

Stir-fried vegetables?

1. Tumis onion, shallots, garlic in two tablespoons of oil.

2. Add salt and a bit of oyster sauce, then the vegetables and just a bit of water.

3. Add an egg and stir-fry till ready.

If you are pressed for time, simply do this:

1. Tumis onion, shallots, chicken pieces (washed with lemon juice and some salt) in two tablespoons of oil.

2. Add salt and vegetables, with just a bit of water.

3. Add an egg. Stir fry till cooked.

There you go. One dish to go with the rice.

Man, that was so gay.