Friday, July 3, 2009

Customer Service Hell

Customer service in this country sucks. Like, duh.

So I'm doing some work, at a leisurely pace, cause I need to get my BP down. In-between scripts, I called up a service provider to change my address.

After a few minutes of recorded messages:

Me: Hello, my name is Amir.

Customer Service Motherfucker 1: Yes, Mr Amir, may I help you?

Me: Yes, I moved to a new place, so I would like to change my address and also to re-install your services at my new place.

CSM 1: Okay, what's your address?

Me: Blablabla.

CSM 1: Okay, sir. For the re-installation, you need to call this number - 03 74XX XXXX. It's our telemarketing department.

Me: Okay.

So I called the other number.

CSM 2: Hello, Sir, may I help you?

Me: Yes, I would like to re-install my service at my new address.

CSM 2: Oh, that's under Customer Care. Wait a moment.

Me: Wait -

And he fucking transferred me to Customer Care! After a few calls which were disconnected, I was in a mood for a fight, cause I was eating oats. So: -

Me: Hello?

CSM 3: Yes?

Me: Yes, I would like to discontinue my service. Here's my account number, blablabla.

CSM 3: Why do you want to discontinue your service, sir?

Me: Long story. Because your colleague was rude to me. And I don't want to pay RMXXX++ to re-install your services when I can get a new installation at around the same price. And I don't want to have your services anymore. I'm one of those Children of the Atom. And I'm not 'sir'. You may address me as 'My Liege'.

CSM 3: Erm...yes, my liege.

Me: Okay, so when can I expect the services to be discontinued?

CSM 3: You have to wait one month, sir.

Me: Sir?

CSM 3: I mean, you have to wait one month, my liege.

Me: Okay. Is it confirmed?

CSM 3: Yes, your service will be disconnected by August 2....my liege.

Me: *mutter* *mutter*

CSM 3: So, when do you want to reconnect it?

Me: No, I do not want to reconnect it. I want to disconnect it.

CSM 3: Ah...yes.

Me: Yes, what?

CSM 3: Yes, my liege.

And that was that. I went from wanting to change my address, to discontinuing my subscription altogether. Haven't been using it for the past few months anyway. I was really pissed off at that second guy, who transferred me, like passing a ball, to another dude.

I don't really care, but I was spoiling for a fight anyway. And I'm eating oats.