Monday, August 2, 2010

Release the Kraken!

There is a monster within all of us.

Mine has many names. Lucifer. Azazel. The Beast of Judgment. Fenris, the Wolf Beneath the Tree. Briadach, who sees the seed and the rot. Baal the Lord of Destruction. Galactus the Devourer of Worlds.

For too long, I have denied them presence. So much so, that they have grown bigger and more powerful.

Well, it is time to accept them as part of me. Already, I am free of all guilt. The guilt that haunts superheroes or people with superhero complexes.

I see from the eyes of Briadach, and observe beginnings and ends. I am Fenris, who waits patiently underneath Yggdrasil for the end of the world. And if Ragnarok is post-poned, Fenris will initiate armageddon all on his own.

I am Lucifer's will, and Azazel's determination. I am Baal's fury and Galactus' hunger.

See if you can stand in the coming hurricane. See if anything can weather Onslaught.