Thursday, October 2, 2008

Parents of the Carribbean

I am now currently smoking in the dining room.

Basking in the aftermath of over 100 visitors non-stop from 9am. Watching my nephews throwing tantrums as my father keeps losing count of how many glasses of cold water he has had.

My brother just woke up from his son's sobbings.

The rest of the family, tired like hell, are either asleep, telling stories to one of my nephews in a vain attempt to get him to sleep after only waking at 1am today - missing the whole shebang - or checking up on the little one who is on his high horse because we did not allow him to mess with my father's stroke medication.

I will never have kids, and neither will my other siblings, I think. Unless one of us wants to go Brangelina on some Thai kid.

So most of us decided to focus on the three, like a pride of lions.

I will only step in to buy them books. And they better pray I'm a millionaire if they want me to buy shit for them. Of course, my brother has it covered.

He's not like some stupid breeder who would just become baby factories and dump their hellspawn on the streets to become hookers or addicts or both.

This Raya, I also got to see how some people in the village still live their lives. No plumbing, persecution because of AIDS, making RM100-200 a month, happiness at receiving clothes and money from distant relatives. Some of them only have one or two shirts and workpants. That's it. Spending on something as frivolous and luxurious as clothing is deemed unnecessary when they don't have enough to eat.

Makes my mission all the more valid and timely. I need to get RM2 million in order to drop everything and become a superhero. Maybe a few meetings after I get back to KL will do the trick.

The two mill will be enough for me till the day I die. So I can focus on lending my not inconsiderable resources and capacity to try and save the world.

Of course, I might not be here for a number of years. In fact, I don't know what the fuck I will be doing next year or where. Everything is still up in the air, and I need to grab some opportunities soon.

Anyway, the kids are okay again after a brief fight. Oh wait, the little one just hit his brother. Gotta go do damage control.