Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hubris

I am feeling rather smug today. When I have figured everything out. When I have figured everyone out. When I have that ultimate explanation at hand and that final solution.

And when I know that all I have to do is wait for the truth to come out - probably two years later - I feel happy. Contented. Smug.

And most importantly, I need to keep my mouth shut. And let the chips fall where they may. I really don't have to do anything.

Some people will say that I'm just being paranoid. Well, I do get confused sometimes. Maybe I'll turn into what they always said I was going to turn into - a maniac, a psycho-killer.

Buuutttt...results have always been on my side. When I said this and that about this or that, lots of people try valiantly to convince me that I was just being an asshole. They try to convince me that their version of things is correct. And the liars would never admit to lying. No matter how much you confront them.

Well, it always took two years for the truth to come out. For the FINAL results. The final revelations.

I don't need people to tell me I'm right. I KNOW I'm right.