Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Amir Hafizi: Year One

Meant to write this last night, but was too busy celebrating with some characters.

It's been one year since I returned to The Malay Mail. I was made editor to my old desk, entertainment, which is now entertainment-lifestyle. I am perhaps the youngest one to hold that post in recent history.

It was tough.

Things that I used to rely on people, now I have to do myself. There is a lot more planning and thinking and a bunch of stuff to do. I felt so grown up and alone.

Some people approach it like gardening. My take on it was as if it's a classic computer game.

Met a lot of characters along the way. Old ones, new ones.

End of it all, I didn't do too bad. It was all right. And it has only been a year. I don't know what the next few years will bring, but I'll be there. For me.