Thursday, February 11, 2010

Do You Believe in Magic?

My second movie had its preview yesterday. Well, it's not MY movie, MY movie. I wrote the script, so I was part of the whole thing, I guess.

I wanted to go, but couldn't. There are too many things to do before the Chinese New Year week.

The movie, after MySpy, is Magika. Featuring a star-studded cast, I believe it will either be in the cinemas in March, or probably September this year.

I haven't seen it myself, so you'll just have to bear with me on this one. I hope the jokes make it in.

Magika is basically a throwback to such stories and films as Alice in Wonderland, Labyrinth, the Wizard of Oz, and many Japanese cartoons I have seen as a child.

The decision to include, or exclusively feature Malaysian myths in the movie is because some kids nowadays might be more familiar with kage bunshin no jutsu rather than Pak Pandir.

I had fun writing that movie. I hope that it will be an equally fun experience to watch it. Judging from initial feedback from friends, they said it's good. I'll find out soon, I hope.