Saturday, September 15, 2012

Wanking: KL48 Hour Film Project Team Meeting

Tonight, I hosted a meeting between team members for the KL48 Hour Film Project. The intention was to introduce everyone to everyone and see the kind of chemistry we would have with each other.

Some other teams have been doing stuff together for years or months, and for us, this is the first time we would work with each other.

The meeting was held at my house, so I showed them some comics and gave them soy milk as well as green tea to drink.

It was cool and I think we are all projecting the same kind of energy on the same wavelength. This is for fun and experience, so there was really no room for wanking ambitious bullshit. Though when I threw the idea of working past KL48, I think most of us want to do shit like that as well.

I know what I want - a series of short films good enough for some festivals, and one long-term movie project.

I want to finish a script I've always wanted to do, and I want to shoot the story gradually, over a period of weekends. I estimate there would be over 200 shots and most of them will be without the main actors. Difficult to explain, so I'll just do it.

I think this will take between 3-5 years. I don't give a shit. This is the movie I've always wanted to do. THE movie.

First thing's first, though. The KL48, then a series of shorts, and then other stuff.

Tomorrow, an NGO wants to meet up with me for a series of PSAs. There are possibilities there, but for now, I will focus on getting over this flu.

All in all, very happy with the team. We have chemistry, even though on my end, it's more of bena-expectorant and ammonium chloride.