Saturday, September 22, 2012

House of M: For Whom the Bell Tolls

Everyone who have ever predicted anything about the death or survival of newspapers have been wrong.

Newspapers did not die in 2001, after some people did a video and shared it online. Meanwhile those who believe things will never change have seen the downsizing of Fairfax Media in Australia and the hundreds of newspapers closing around the world.

My generation has always been cursed with overseeing the extremely chaotic transitional periods. Periods of verwirrung before ordnung. War before order.

I have always believed that these pivotal moments will be filled with instances of heroism, valor and cruelty. Unfortunately, all I have seen so far have been mostly about fear. Fear of the unknown, blablabla, blablabla.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know what will happen. I do know that things will change, as they have always been since the creation of the universe. Journalism will take another form. Idiots will still rule the world, and smart people like me will find refuge somewhere amidst a storm of stupidity.

Ah, fuck it. I got lots to do. I am suspending my House of M series, until something interesting happens, like the real death of newspapers, if it ever happens in my lifetime.

Fuck all this shit. I'm making movies, baby! Yeah!