Friday, May 27, 2011

Vagabond: The Vaginal Canal

I came back from Kuantan recently, where I told my family that Jews like briskets.

A brisket is a cut - a beef cut like the tenderloin or the shank, chuck or flank. Brisket is the hardest cut, as it is the group of muscle that supports the cow/bull's entire weight as they stand.

Hence, brisket is the cheapest cut and is usually prepared using long-cooking methods. Slow-cooked stew, pot roast is very popular with brisket. Brisket is also very popular among Jewish people.

You know, one day, I am going to have enough money to eat an entire cow. Not all at once, but I want to refridgerate an entire cow - the same cow - with all the cuts marked clearly.

Then, I want to spend an entire week exploring the cuts. A whole week just to eat top sirloin. A whole week just to eat the shanks. A whole week to eat the ribs and the whatever.

That would be awesome. Eating a whole cow.