Saturday, November 15, 2008

Emo Shit: You Don't Want to be Me

Seriously, dude.

You do not want to be me.

I may be handsome, I may be really, really ridiculously good-looking, but mine is no way to live your life.

I was born into a cynical world. I was trained, as a journalist, to be even more cynical. I don't trust anything or anyone.

It's no way to live. Trust me.

Been there. Done that.

Cynism is a tool, not a way of life. You are not cool if you are cynical.

You can be a cynic or an idealist. Or both. Or neither. Just don't let it hurt you. Take care of yourself.

You don't know what it's like. You don't.

And I pray that no one will ever have to know.

Ever wonder why I don't want to have kids?

With my genes, the world would seem like an iron maiden.

God knows what I've been through. And I'm just 28. I shudder at the thought of turning 48. That's why people like me hardly live till we're 40.

Ever wonder why I smoke? Why I drink? Why I do stupid things?

Why of all things, I most relate to Lucifer Morningstar?

Why Azazel? Is Satan happy?

And I wish you only happiness.