Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Truth, The Light, The Way

I was rather lugubrious last night, so while waiting for my cab to get there, I struck up a conversation with a few people over Blackberry Messenger. Product placement, yo!

I was like, "I am rather lugubrious at the moment. Ask me anything, and I shall tell you the truth."

So I solved some of the world's greatest mysteries, and then one girl asked me, "DO you admit that you are egotistical?"

Me: Really? How so?

Girl: In the sense that you always think you're right about everything.

This is a friend, so I did not tell her the obvious answer:

I don't think I'm right about everything. It's just that I AM right about everything.

What can I do? I'm like a divining rod with a dick attached.

How many times have I wished that I was wrong, but my instincts have never, EVER failed me. When I fail to listen to my instincts, that's when I get into trouble.

If I feel funny about something, then there's something wrong with it. If I feel funny about people, then the truth is much, much more terrible than even I could conceive.

It got to a point where I decided to just shrug my shoulders, do whatever I want, heed the warnings from my 'pimp senses' and just live a happy life.

It's not that I want to be right. Or for other people to tell me that I am right. I know I am right. And I am right. I don't need to argue with people, because I am in line with the truth.

In fact, I think I am the truth, the light, the way of the magic. Not lipstick liberals. Not PKR or UMNO or DAP or whatever the fuck.

You'd think this is a gift, but having an innate sense of what is right and wrong is a burden. I can't realistically convince myself that humans are good creatures when they are not.

I just sit with SOME people who delude themselves with the lies of family, marriage, children, religion, politics and society, and my presence breaks through their lies. Their charade.

I sit with fake people, with liars, and they get uneasy.

If I am ever in parliament, they will throw me out without me ever opening my mouth.

Then again, real people enjoy my company. And I would much rather spend my time with them, than the fake ones.