Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Let's Go, Let's Go Chopping!

Wooo boy!

My brain just got expanded with this new 21.5 inch monitor. It is now at 1920x1080 and I feel free, with more computer real estate available to me. Previously, I was using an 11-year-old 15 inch LCD screen. This is a Phillips LED screen. Honestly? I can't even tell the difference between LCD and LED. The LED seems brighter. I think.



This purchase started with my speaker dying last night. I was pissed cause I just bought the Logitech a few months ago. I returned it to Harvey Norman - Harvey Norman customer service at Ikano Power Centre is the best in the world! - and then went up to get me a cheap SonicGear 2.1 speaker.

Though there is a price difference, I can safely say I can't hear the difference between a RM129 Logitech and a RM95 SonicGear. A RM95 SonicGear and a RM699 Logitech? Sure. But fuck me if I'm spending 700 bucks on a speaker system. If I'm really rich, I'd spend RM200,000 on my sound system.



Since I'm not rich, I bought the RM95 SonicGear which has none of that stupid small controller shit. I hate that thing cause it screws up the wiring and gets tangled everywhere.

After buying the speaker, I thought, if they die on me, I could still do work. But if my monitor dies on me the third time, I'm fucked. So I got the cheapest one they had, at 21.5 inches.

And then, I bought a new pair of sneakers. I am working like crazy during the month of March and the last road tour I went to, the skin on my feet got torn off because the padding on my sneakers have worn out. So this new pair will last me for the next few months, at least.

Brand? Bata, of course. The beauty of Bata is: I don't give a shit. I don't give a shit about the shoes. They are a tool for whatever I want them to be. And I don't have to take care of it. Which is just the way I like it.

So, even though today was an off day, I ended up going to the office and then shopping for stuff I would need to do my job properly.