Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cacat

I started out trusting people, which is why I don't trust them anymore.

A few years ago, though, I discovered that it is none of my concern whether people are trustworthy or not. It is something beyond my control. The only thing I can do is to be trustworthy.

I cannot say, with 100% confidence, that I have never lied, but I can tell you that being honest (provided you ask the right questions) is something I take pride in.

I have paid dearly for this luxury. I created enemies and even though I know I could fuck all the girls I could ever want and make even more money by lying, I simply do not want to.

One broken promise I'll admit to still haunts me to this day. I hate that. But I also do not lie because I believe it is unfair and creates a world I do not want to live in.

All this, is not to say I am a good man. No, I will go to hell, according to most religion's 'experts'. Nope. It is just a confession that I am cacat.