Thursday, February 21, 2013

Intermission: Cross Rhodes

It's the middle of the week. I'm taking a break from my night writings to just do nothing and watch wrestling. I feel like taking a break and I can't wait for April or May when I will go to Thailand again in my pilgrimage for rest and relaxation.

I love watching professional wrestling. It's about storytelling, marketing and the best goddamn media class you can find anywhere. Bar none.

It's also about spirit. The stories they tell are ones of heroic triumph and the evil of despair. To me, professional wrestling is physical theater.

All my life, I have set rules for myself. I hold myself up to it, and I hold others up to it as well. It is the one unreasonable thing I allow myself. Aside from the smoking and the sex and the rock and roll.

I have ideas on doing a stand up about relationships. I think I'll complete my novels and as a promo thing, I'll do stand up. I'm not very good at it, but I think I'll do it because I want to.

The 13th General Election is coming. A lot of political and corporate people are pissing their pants. I can smell their fear. This is one time when you can make fun of politicians and they will not retaliate because they have to kiss your asses. All our asses.

I'm not scared at all. I have always maintained my neutrality. I think both BN and PR are fucked up and I am not about to die fighting other people's battles. Whichever way the election goes, I'll be fine. Bring Najib, bring Lee Kuan Yin, LGE, LTE, Anwar 'Anus' Ibrahim, Beruk Mat Sabu or whoever the fuck. I don't give a fuck.

Big changes are coming in my life. I am going on a diet-exercise regime to lose 20kg this year. I also aim to finish my creative projects and maybe do a couple of movies and a few TV series this year.

I have also found a way to make movies creatively, to tell my own stories. These projects will not be for money, as I have other stuff I do for money.

I never fell. Know that when others did, I held on to that last inch. Just like the great comics writers preached.

I look at my life and what I have done, and I have not changed at all. I'm still that 8 year old kid growing up in the swamps who think he knows better. I DO know better, so fuck you.

My brother has been telling his friends that we didn't grow in a swamp. Our house is on a hill. Yeah, but around the hill is swamp land. The area is called Paya Besar, which means Big Swamp. Sure smells like a swamp. Not a fucking mangrove swamp, sure, but it's wet and it's muddy.

One day, I will return to the swamp. I just have a few things I need to take care of. I don't know how long it will take, but eventually, I will be back there and I will write more stuff.

Writing is the only thing I would ever want to do until I die.