Monday, May 28, 2012

Wiggle!: In Sickness and in Health

I know I'm supposed to keep a weekly journal of my weight loss activities, but fuck it.

I'll tell you my plans right now cause I have a cold and can't go to the gym. I need to nurse my runny nose and stuff. So I decided to just shre with you the plan I have in my head.

In the first five weeks or so of this weight loss programme, I aim to replace my diet with a high-fiber one and start my exercise routine. I hoped to bring my cardio workout to a full hour by five weeks, but managed that in just one week. I now do 1 hour cardio every time I hit the gym.

That's one milestone accomplished.

I also know that it would be easy for me to reduce my weight in the beginning stages, but at a later date, as my weight goes down, I will find it more difficult.

Here's a secret: I'm not focusing on the weight. I aim to reduce my waist size, not just because I want to be an underwear model, but because I want to decrease the size of my omentum. Yes, omentum. Look it up.

A large omentum will cause liver failure, kidney complications and even diabetes. I DO NOT want diabetes as it will eventually attack all my senses when I am older.

So my target, is simply to wear pants off the rack at normal Asian clothing stores.

First stage was supposed to be five weeks, but I accomplished my goals in one. Here is what I was going to do for the rest of the programme, but now is being brought forward.

Since the conventional methods of a high-fiber diet is working, I am keeping that. My aim is to one day go to the gym every single day and do at least 1 hour cardio.

Now comes the next level: exotic weight-loss food supplements.

I respond well to fiber and Vitamin B complex, which helps in the release of energy. What I need are fat-burning foods.

Lecithin was a candidate, but I don't think so.

I'm going with raspberry ketones, brown seaweed and pu-er tea. The tea I can find easily, and I believe I can find the pricey raspberry ketones as a supplement pill. However, I do not know where I can get the brown seaweed.

As for my gym sessions, I aim to improve on the distance a well as resistance of my workout.

Eventually, I would need to join my office's group training, when my fitness level is enough to allow me to catch up with the rest of them.

I think this will happen after I have lost maybe 16kg on this diet and exercise regime.

The NSTP weight loss programme is for 100 days. I want to stretch it to a full year. And then see what happens.

For now, though, I just need to get better from this cold.