Thursday, May 31, 2012

One Flu Over the Cuckoo's Nest

I feel good. I think I am getting over this bullshit cold. Just when I have my diet and exercise routine in play, just when I got the ball rolling on a few different things, the fucking cold hit. I was fucking pissed off cause I didn't have full access to my brain. My energy levels tumbled down after 3pm and I found myself winking off to sleep. In my feverish sleep, I dreamed of my flip-flops again. Basically, it was life and the world from the perspective of just looking at my flip-flops. And I couldn't fucking go to the fucking gym, which pisses me off. However, patience. I am naturally impatient. I hate monkey work, and repetitive bullshit, but I understand now that the devil is in the details. That, and grinding. It's a marathon, not a sprint, said a former editor, and all I have to do is ensure that every stroke is done properly, with style and care. At work, I sometimes feel like we're starting some things, which is good. I am losing weight and I just have to maintain that for a year. I found a girl whom I like and is unconnected to anything I do. She doesn't even know about the movie stuff I have done, and that is refreshing. I'm taking this for the long term, unless it doesn't work out, in which case, whatever. I want it to, but things don't happen simply because you want them to. Some great big changes are coming up, for the industry I'm in, the company I work for and generally everything. I don't even know what tomorrow will bring, but I don't give a flying fuck. If one of these days, I find myself doing catering in Sarawak, I wouldn't even bat an eyelid. Cause I have no expectations and my only dream, the only one I have left, is to finish this life properly. And I am in no hurry. Patience. For I am an impatient man. It is good to cultivate patience and wait for that other skill I lack - timing. All throughout my life, if I had done some things sooner or later, the results would have been fantastic and not just good, great or plain downright dumb. I am very conscious about time, but does it translate to better timing? I do not know. Only time will tell. And oh, by the way, I am typing this on a MacBook Pro. It's time I learned about other platforms though I love Windows. Tried to find online tutorials, but I finally managed to figure out this keyboard just a few minutes ago. To select parts of a sentence, you press ALT+Shift+Arrow Keys. To select the whole sentence, it's Command+Shift+Arrow Keys. You have no fucking idea how this cuts my writing and editing time. Whatever, man. I still hate Apple, but if I have to use their products, at no cost to myself, then whatever the fuck. Yes, this rant has gone nowhere. I guess the flu is not yet completely out of my system. But time will tell. Time heals all flus. Fucking flu.