Friday, April 1, 2011

The Fool: Happiness

A lot of people come to me and say that this thing or those people made them happy, sad, whatever the fuck.

I, too, have - most of the time - attributed my feelings of joy, bliss, sadness and despair on external factors.

However, The Truth is that you decide on your own how you feel. I've met very insecure millionaires as well as happy paupers. Also, happy, humble multi-millionaires and very angry middle-class people. I got a neighbour who makes like, RM400 a month with six kids to feed. One of the most good-natured person I know.

I've met lonely people in marriages who cheat like hell, trying to fill in a void in their beings. I've met people who go to remote areas in Africa or Antartica, alone at times for six months or more, who keep their sanity just by meditating and acquiring a hobby.

End of the day, happiness, solace, joy, comes from within us all. I believe that the path to happiness is pursuing what you want to do, and you only know what you want to do, if you get real with yourself.

A lot of people put on masks, or try to affect a persona, blending into something they are not. That won't get you anywhere. But don't take my word for it. Go on and try it for a few decades.

And now, I need to get to bed. Full day, today, and I'm not pulling any pranks. Hopefully.