Sunday, June 27, 2010

This, Too, Shall Pass

Since I am the world's leading expert on negativity, some people asked me how do they get out of a funk or a jam?

Well, I'm only 30. So I don't have enough experience yet. But for what I have been through, only one thing has ever worked.

This, too, shall pass.

A realisation that nothing lasts. Absolutely nothing.

Given a long enough timeline, everyone's survival rate drops to zero.

- Chuck Palahniuk

Just that it's not only everyone. It's every THING as well. Inanimate objects, thoughts, and even emotions and dreams.

All structures are not stable.

- sufi teaching

It's true. Chemical chains are always in a state of flux, the universe trying to get into balance. The energy which creates different matter by having separate atomic and molecule chains is trying to get back to its original state. An inert state. A non-reactive state.

There is nothing you can do to make yourself happy, when you are sad or hurt.

Drugs and alcohol are cheap fixes. Ultimately temporary and creates many other problems. Trust me. That one never lasts. And is potentially quite damaging.

Some people do things, not to make them happy, but to make them even more miserable. Because some think that another pain - a bigger one, perhaps - may take their other, current pain away.

Maybe.

I don't know.

But that has never worked for me.

When you realise and accept that nothing is permanent, then you are at some level of peace. From there, that point, you can take action. Or not.

Nothing lasts forever. Just remember. This, too, shall pass.