Monday, December 1, 2014

Dead Man Wanking

So today I started at my new job - I'll be doing the lifestyle pages of The Malaysian Reserve.

My first day was informative, but I do not have all the data. Strange... no matter how old or how new a newspaper setup is, the same characters and tropes are always there.

I'll be easing off my consultancy work as I focus more and more on The Reserve. I hope to train fresh young blood to take over my consulting business and so far I have met with mixed results.

One of my concerns is not work-related, for a change. I wanted to ensure I can stay on a healthy path even after I start working full time. The healthiest things I saw for lunch and dinner at the place were Subway and Nando's. Had lunch at Nando's. Bumped into former colleague Jie Ying Low who has now discarded her future in the creative industry to embrace a more corporate career - as everyone should.

I ate a quarter chicken, but J Low ate half a chicken. I was like, "What the fuck?" but was way too polite to say it out loud or even share that revealing information on the Internet. I thought for dinner, I'd have Subway at home.

However, someone pointed out a small kiosk selling grilled chicken salads at a reasonable price. Bought my dinner there - a grilled chicken, long beans and tomato salad with balsamic vinegar as dressing. Also had some soy sauce or something. Tasted okay, but the tomatoes could have been sliced more.

From now on, as long as the thing is open, I will go and eat at that place.

I made a big deal of telling my parents my prognosis yesterday in Kuantan, my eyes shrink-wrapped in tears and all that shit, but it seems as if life goes on and I'm not dead yet.

Tonight, a secret agent man contacted me to meet at a hotel lobby. I'm going there now.

Cheers!