Monday, November 12, 2012

Loyalty and Responsibility

This week, we celebrate Deepavali, the festival of lights or as my friend Sunder puts it, 'the Indian Christmas'.

The light element also represents, to me, something-something enlightenment something-something. This week, it is about loyalty and responsibility. And it has nothing to do with Maxis, which I am happy to report has contacted me and SEEMS willing to find an amicable solution to our little stand-off.

I will take on some responsibility issues concerning loyalty this week, and I do hope all parties involved will walk away from it a bit wiser.

A lot of people do stupid things, while it is the tactic of evil people to goad and prod people into making stupid mistakes. Stupidity is a tool, a weapon. And at the core of stupidity is the ego.

I have long been in this world - too long - that I sometimes tire of the little schemes and machinations that endlessly repeat itself. When I was younger, I found it beautiful because it is a repeating fractal, and I am a pattern recogniser.

Nowadays, I see things - I see everything, really - and I am just bored. It's the same people, doing the same things, though with different names and wearing a million different faces.

Oh well. I have a neckache to tend to. I think I'll get nsome sleep later. In the meantime, surprise me, you filthy bastards. Surprise me. I dare you. I double dare you.